Starry Night
Homespun Elegance - 1998 Sampler Ornament
32# Dirty linen with recommended DMC threads and embellishments
My first attempt at Colonial knots, I think mine are just really fat French knots - but I'm happy with how they turned out, I think they add depth. I made a few changes to the design, I left out the words and year, moved the moon and stars and made a mistake on the border - the last bit wasn't on purpose though! LOL
Merry
Lizzie Kate - Tiny Tidings IX
32# Dirty linen with recommended DMC threads and embellishments
I've started Autumn Leaves by Prairie Schooler for the Seasonal SAL, it's stitching up quickly, which is great, as I was thinking I'd probably just finish as we enter winter (slooow stitcher here). Fingers crossed, it may be finished and made up (the hardest part, for me) and on display for part of Autumn anyway (umm, maybe just finished!). I'm stitching on 28# Vintage Country Mocha linen (I like the aged effect), with DMC threads and I've swapped the central picture with one from the Autumn Foursome as I like it better.
Autumn Leaves
by Prairie Schooler
28# Vintage Country Mocha linen with recommended DMC threads
I'm still thinking of how I want to layout and label pictures so I can see some experimentation in the weeks ahead, lots to learn!
Karrie



5 comments:
I saw your post on the Seasonal blog. I love your progress on Autumn Leaves and your ornaments are lovely - nice work!
Welcome to the blogging world! Great start on Autumn Leaves and lovely Christmas ornaments :)
I saw you on the Seasonal blog also. Your projects look great! Welcome to blogging!
Beautiful ornaments! I love the Homespun Elegance one, I don't think I have stitched that before. And I love the Prairie Schooler WIP, I am such a fan of their designs.
I saw your post on the Xmas SAL and your ornaments are very nice, I like the work you have done so far on Autumn Leaves it looks very pretty. Welcome to the blogging world! I recently started one too.
Post a Comment