Monday, 3 January 2011

Fair and Square - Christmas round

I received the most beautiful hardanger snowman from my partner Marcy for the Fair and Square - Christmas round. Try as I could I couldn't get a good photo to show the metallic threads on him. I'll back him with a darker colour to make the cutwork stand out and I think he'll make a lovely ornament for my tree next year. Thank you Marcy for a lovely exchange!

Here is the square I sent to Marcy. I've stitched this before and it's one of my favourite stitches, it looks nice with the beads in the light.


Red Berries (Rosewood Manor)
GOS December 2006, Issue 11
32# light mocha linen with DMC threads and Mill Hill beads

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ours was busy as usual but fun, which is the main thing. We'll be getting ready for the start of a new school year soon which I'm looking forward to as I might get a little bit - just a little bit - more free time.

I don't have any big stitching plans for this year, I'd like to finish off some WIPs and at least start a birth sampler for our new addition. That may change of course, as the year progresses and I'm tempted by all the new charts that are released :)

I hope you all find some stitching time today
Karrie

3 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful exchange pieces.

Julie said...

Both exchanges are really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Love the hardanger snowman, such a great idea