Monday, 25 May 2009

Spring squares received

I received these lovely squares from Kendra recently for the Fair and Square - Spring round. I love the swirls, especially those in the butterfly's wings - I think they add movement or zest or something I can't find quite the right word for, to a design - my own little flight of fancy undoubtedly, but it keeps me happy :)

I have a little Spring pillow I finished a couple of years ago and I'm hoping the same fabrics will look as good with this design so I can make a co-ordinating one with these squares. I think they'll look perfect together.

Thank you Kendra for a beautiful exchange!

A little extra...
Carol R. is having a beaded fob giveaway, so pop over to her blog and throw your name in the hat while there's still time.

Hope you all have a stitchy day :)
Karrie

5 comments:

Deb said...

That piece is so cute! The movement and colors really make a sweet block.

Daffycat said...

Yeah, what is it about swirls? They always make me happy!

Tammy said...

Adorable-great exchange!

BeckySC said...

Thank you Karrie for stopping by my blog :)
I LOVE the carrot you received from Sharon :) I have them all and can't wait to stitch them :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, pretty square! I love the swirls too! Festive is the word I'd use. Like ribbon streamers tossed into the air. Nice and colorful too.