I think I might have to make my monthly goals last for two months, one just doesn't seem long enough, so I'll keep the one's I had from June and review them in August.
I've started "Winter Wind" by Prairie Schooler and it promises to stitch up as quickly as "Autumn Leaves" did. I may have to change the light blue wind gusts as I don't think the colour looks right on the fabric I've chosen, but the rest of the colours I'm happy with, so far. I find the verse a bit funny where it says " The birds are gone..." - there are no fewer than five birds in the design! Maybe it's just me, but that line makes me smile : )
Winter Wind by Prairie Schooler
28# Vintage Country Mocha Belfast Linen
DMC Threads
I've also started "The Bookshelf" by LHN. I've been dying to start this for such a long time, I *love* reading, but have been angsting (not sure if that's a real word!) over which names and titles to include since I bought the design.
I understand the designer's intent of honouring female writers, but some of the listed writers I'd never read, so I thought I'd replace them with those that I had, but some are ones that I enjoyed most in my childhood and I was torn whether to have writers I read now or those I enjoyed when I was young, then I thought maybe I should have just Australian female writers (which I may still do, but not this time). Anyway... to cut my long story short, I've decided to include the authors whose books I read time and time again now, it was hard to come up with a short list to fit, but I did it and have finally put needle to fabric.
I'll have to save the riveting tale of how I chose the titles for another post! - I know, you can't wait ;)
The Bookshelf by Little House Needleworks
28# Light Mocha Cashel
DMC Threads
I'll add some pictures tomorrow, hopefully it'll be another sunny day like today was, so even if they're not great they'll be bright!
Karrie
Edited 11.7.08: Well, I've added my pictures - excuse the wrinkles - and I had to have a bit of a laugh at myself, I've obviously spent so long on tweaking The Bookshelf design that I didn't realise how little I've actually stitched of it, I really thought I'd stitched several rows more!
But... I said I'd share a picture and I have to follow through with it, so please excuse my pitiful start, at least I know what I'll be working on this weekend!



1 comment:
Ooo I can't wait to see and hear about your choies on LHN -- I haven't stasrted mine yet and I want to change the titles too. As much as those titles probably matter a great deal to many women as memories of growing up, they weren't crucial elements of my reading life.
Post a Comment