Wednesday, 3 December 2008

Giving and Receiving

Boy, is time flying past! Not only is Christmas looming, it's also the end of our school year and all the manic activities that accompany that are well underway. So, I haven't had much stitching time lately ... I'm starting to feel withdrawal symptoms :(

Even though I haven't stitched recently I do have some loveliness to share as some exchanges have been received and a lovely giveaway surprise as well.

I won a giveaway on Rachael's blog and received a lovely surprise last week. We had to let her know our favourite colour, so my surprise was all green... green hand dyed fabric (she dyed it herself), some green threads - including some Carrie's Creations which I haven't tried before and a lovely green card. It's all beautiful and I look forward to stitching something special on that fabric - thank you Rachael for a lovely giveaway surprise.



Yesterday, I received my Fair and Square - Christmas round from my partner Kathy. The design she chose is beautiful, I don't think I would have been able to send it! The design is "Redwork Snowflake" by Pamela Kellogg and there are lovely touches of pinks in there as well. I think it's crying out to be an ornament and I hope I can make it into one to hang up this year!

Redwork Snowflake
Designer: Pamela Kellogg
BHG A Cross Stitch Christmas 2004

Kathy also sent me a clever little folded box that I can use for orts - and will use instead of dumping them on my table where they escape and travel throughout my house - and a postcard CD of Ottawa Canada which I'll enjoy looking at, as my sister and niece have moved there just this week.

Thank you Kathy for a lovely exchange - you chose the most perfect things for me!

One final piece and then I'm done - whew!

Kathy received the Christmas squares that I stitched for her yesterday as well - which was a nice coincidence. I stitched "The Nutcracker" by Thistle Threads from the JCS Ornament issue 2008. I read in her profile that she liked them and am so glad there was one in this year's issue because I found them really hard to find - well nice ones in the right size anyway.


"The Nutcracker"
Designer: Thistle Threads
JCS Ornament Issue 2008

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Ooo, I am green with envy...green is my favorite color too! Nice prize!

I love your squares; that is one cute nutcracker!