Wow! I can't believe I finished something in a reasonable time frame after stitching the design and the idea in my head actually worked! First time! No seams unpicked... no muttering bad things under my breath... no having to put it aside while I calm down enough to tackle it another day... a miracle I tell ya! I'd wanted to have it done in time for Valentine's Day, but I didn't want to rush the finishing as it's not exactly a strong point and I need
lotsssss of time to fuss around getting everything just how I want it - which usually doesn't work anyway, LOL.
It's a bag to hang over the door knob and fill with sweets for my
sweets (for next year now, though), it hangs just how I hoped it would, invitingly open and hopefully tempting for hands to reach inside but the actual design doesn't show up as much as I hoped it would when it's hanging, so I think an old vintage button and loop might be needed at the top. It's lined in the same navy blue as on the handle to give it more strength and that shows up nicely when it's hanging.

Well, I think that's enough spruiking about my not very exciting (except to me, of course) finish. You'd think I'd never finished anything before! Geez! On a more interesting note
Prairie Schooler has a new freebie up called Rain - I snapped it up quick smart, it's a sweet little design right up my alley, hopefully to be stitched up soon.
Hope your day has lots of stitchy pleasure in it :)
Karrie
8 comments:
What a delightful bag, well done!
I LOVE your finished Valentine bag! It's darling...and I think a vintage button would be the absolute icing on the cake!!!
Oh what a wonderful finish! This turned out perfectly! Congratulations!
I love your finish!!! Very nice!
A beautiful bag ! Thanks for sharing :)
Oh, that's pretty! It turned out really well, I love how you finished it!
How darling! Congratulations on your sweet finish! ;)
What a great finish :) Congratulations :)
Post a Comment