Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Some little things to share

I received my Fair and Square - Easter squares yesterday from Jill - only nine days from the US is pretty fast, it usually takes a couple of weeks! They're lovely and I think will make up into a sweet Easter ornament. My youngest son thought the daffodils in the watering can were some kind of chick growing out the top at first - daffodils don't grow here and he might not have seen them before, although we do have similarly shaped flowers - which he thought was a bit strange until I explained that they were a flower, then it made sense - it was pretty funny at the time! I think some daffodils for Easter will need to go on the shopping list, what a good excuse to have to buy some! :)

Thank you for the lovely squares Jill and for giving me a reason to buy some flowers, LOL

I've been mainly stitching on exchanges so can't share those yet, but I've finished up a couple of freebies that I can share - I do like lots of pictures :)



Easter Love
Trail Creek Farm Freebie
25# Lugana (some kind of light green) with DMC threads
Changes: left off the word love and added more flowers, some colour changes.

I started this last year and for some, now unknown, reason, left maybe a dozen stitches unstitched. This is definitely the fastest finish ever, all of 5 minutes or so - very satisfying :)




Rain
Prairie Schooler freebie
32# Lambswool linen with recommended DMC threads

I don't know why but I really like this little design, maybe I just like rain? I guess it would be a perfect stitching day on a day like this!


Hope you have a stitchy day :)
Karrie

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great stitching, Karrie, and I love the Fair and Square you received. That is an adorable Easter freebie! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours in the Easter freebie, and the rain freebie is lovely too - well done!

Kathy A. said...

What beautiful Easter Squares from Jill. Love your little Easter finish. PS always does such nice pieces.

Jeanie said...

Well done ! The colors for the Easter freebie are so beautiful ! Rain is pretty too :) Jill's Easter squares are lovely !

Anonymous said...

Hi,
The Easter Freebie is adorable! Do you have a direct link to the graph? I have looked on the site listed by the Purple Peacock but since it's all in french i'm having trouble finding it :-)
THank you,
Teri Jacobi

Karen said...

Hi Teri,

I found a link for you, hopefully it works, I'm not really good at this sort of thing!

http://www.coudre-broder-tricoter.com/grille/motif/012paques/paques_003.asp

Or you could type in the word "Paques" (Easter) next to "Recherche" (Search) at the top of the page, that's how I found it when I went to look for myself.

Hope this helps :)
Karrie

Sonda said...

Cute squares from Jill and lovely little finishes that you stitched up. Also like the Valentine bag you made!