Monday, 13 April 2009

One last Easter finish

I managed to squeeze in one last finish for this Easter season. This was my first attempt at hemstitching and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, it's not perfect - or even close to perfect - but hopefully will improve with practice. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that I've never tried this before, I've been stitching for over 20 years and this is the very first time, but I don't think it will be the last, it was easier than I thought it would be, which is always a nice discovery after worrying that it would be beyond my capabilities.


Please excuse my poor photo, it's raining and an inside shot was my only option :(

Easter Joy
Shepherd's Bush
28# Jobelan - lilac gingham
DMC threads and Mill Hill beads


I hope everyone had a lovely Easter, ours was "awesome" - quote from DS#2.

Happy Stitching :)
Karrie

7 comments:

staci said...

That is a darling finish! I love the gingham fabric you used and I think your hemstitching is lovely!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I1ve just discovered your blog.Your works are beautiful.
Greetings from Hungary!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I wanted to write ' I've just '

Daffycat said...

Wow, Karrie, that is so cute! You did a wonderful job with the finishing! Congratulations!

Zoe said...

Beautiful!! I love that fabric!

Anonymous said...

That's incredibly pretty, well done!

Mylene said...

These are great finishes!