Wedding Spots
The Trilogy
32# Belfast linen with GAST and DMC threads
I'm also very close to my first TW finish - only 18 rows to go! It's "Above the Clouds" which I bought as a kit off Ebay as a practice piece. As it was for practice I just used the aida that was in the kit and have been stitching it using the parking technique - great for the constant colour changes, but the back looks like a dog's breakfast : (
The story behind this is that about 3 years ago I started "Peacock Tapestry" by TW and it quickly became clear that I was waaaay out of my depth so I put it aside until I could figure out how I could stitch it without going insane. I saw these smaller kits and thought what a great idea to practice on a smaller design and work out the kinks. It was still a nightmare until I stumbled across the parking technique and I was finally able to work on it without going mad and now, I'm nearly finished - I am so pleased. Soon I'll be able to pick up my peacock again and make some real progress - without going insane - which will be nice : )
I hope you all find some stitchy time today : )
Karrie
*Edited to add * I've had a question about the parking technique, so I'll add a couple of links which will explain it much better than I could ever hope too. The first site I found that made sense - to me - was on Nicki's blog (if you scroll down the left menu there is a tutorial under Posts to Remember). As with most techiques there are a few different ways to do them, here and here explain it differently. This technique is mainly used for designs with lots of colour changes and dense stitching - such as HAED's and TW designs. The only thing I can think to add is if you'd like to try this is make sure you overlap your rows a little or you can end up with ridges where they meet.



12 comments:
That is indeed a lovely ornament.
Your wedding sampler is gorgeous and I am sure well appreciated.
One of your first pieces was TW's Peacock - what were you thinking. My first was L&L Nantucket Rose. I think that's how we get hooked. Good for you for sticking with it. I tried parking my threads on my HAED and just got confused. Glad it works for you.
You will be able to handle your TW with no problems now. Love to see your progress
The wedding sampler is just lovely :) and you received a wonderful ornament :)
That is a great ornament!! And your wedding sampler is absolutely wonderful!!
What great finishes!!! They are both wonderful!
Awesome finishes-the wedding sampler is gorgeous!
Hi Karrie
I like that ornament and the wedding sampler too. The frame is so fitting.
Come follow me over to my blog.....
Feathers in the Nest
Jennifer
http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/
Great pieces, both of them - and I'm sure the bride and groom will be thrilled with what you've made for them. The framing is perfect.
The ornament is terrific!! And I love your double framed wedding spots, I know it will be MUCHLY appreciated! Great job!
Wow, that's a nifty ornament and congratulations on your framed wedding sampler. Now, I have a question: What is the parking technique? I have never heard of that.
Beautiful-- simply beautiful. And as for your friends-- of course they will love their gift! How could they not?!
The ornament is lovely. I am sure you are excited to put it on your tree. Congrats on the wedding announcement finish/frame!
I love the way the wedding sampler turned out! What a great gift.
Post a Comment