Summer Sparrow
Waxing Moon freebie
32# Lambswool linen with recommended GAST
I couldn't find a picture of this design finished anywhere so I didn't really know what it would look like till I had most of it stitched, luckily I liked what I saw or I would have been in a pickle!
Unfortunately it's no more exchanges for me - for a little while - as we're going to Europe for a few weeks - which is very exciting as I've never been overseas before - but at the same time a little bit sad as my most favourite-ist exchanges will be happening, the Halloween ones - wahhhh. Oh well, I can't have my cake an eat it too - unfortunately for my figure this is only figurative and not literal - Halloween will be here next year and I don't think we'll being taking another trip like this for a looooong time, so I guess I'll just have to make the sacrifice... and go on this trip... LOL
Our main reason for going overseas is for a family wedding in Italy and what do you give the couple who has everything already, why a marriage sampler of course! We don't know their tastes or decor - they live in the UK - but we're winging it and crossing our fingers that it works out alright. My DH helped choose the design - "Wedding Spots" by The Trilogy - as it's reasonably modern, fairly small, neutral colours and we both liked it ourselves, so hopefully a good choice. I don't tend to give cross stitched gifts to people unless I'm pretty sure they'll like it, after all it's not everyone's cup of tea, but we've never been to a wedding without some sort of gift and it would be just too strange, so this is what we've come up with.

It's nearly finished and I'm just wondering if we should stick with a similar frame to the model's or a matt silver for a more modern look - any advice very welcome.
We'll I'd better go and actually finish this sampler so it can be framed before we go.
Hope you all have some stitching time today :)
Karrie



3 comments:
Awesome F&S exchange! Thanks for the link to the freebies...I found a couple I didn't have!
You will have such a great time! Going overseas really opens your eyes to the "real" world. Have fun!
Lovely exchange, Karrie! And I love your choice for the wedding sampler...I stitched that for my daughter and sil, and they both loved it!
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time!
Have a most wonderful trip and BEE safe :)
Your F&S exchange is wonderful!!
Post a Comment