I've read about parking threads before, but I think my mind went "whaaa???" and then switched off and I couldn't really get the gist of it. I've been struggling with Above the Clouds (a TW design, and it's only on aida - thank goodness!) as my usual stitching method wasn't really working, so many colours were nearly the same! So when I saw it mentioned again I made myself read about it properly and thought I'd try it out. It's wonderful, very time consuming, but I'm hoping I'll get faster with practice. Anyway, I now have a lovely strip of finished work, and the design is really coming to life with a solid block of stitching.
Nicki has a good tutorial on her blog and I googled a few other sites to read up on it as well. I'm so glad I tried it, now I just have to try the many other techniques I haven't done before.
Karrie
7 years ago



1 comment:
Hi Karrie, welcome to blogging! Found you through the F&S, you're PS finish is wonderful! I'll be back to visit again soon :)
Post a Comment