I adapted parts of a larger chart and couldn't decide between two different designs so I stitched them both up to see which one I liked more, one to send and one to keep as a companion piece.
"Harvest" is the one I sent to Joan
"Harvest Festival" booklet by Mill Hill
Part of the "Autumn Banner" chart
DMC threads & Mill Hill beads on 28# Light Mocha Cashel
"Autumn" was the companion piece
If Joan reads my blog I hope she likes the one I sent to her more, my whole family voted for Harvest and it really looked the best out of the two IRL.
I finished them with the fabric in the background and added fabric ties, I felt they needed a bit of an old-fashioned finish - although I was questioning that when I was trying to turn those ties through LOL... I like that they can be tied onto something, I think it makes them a bit more versatile.
Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter my giveaway! Just leave a comment on the giveaway post to enter and I'll post the winning name tomorrow!



3 comments:
They both look great!
Just a little tip for the ties - next time, fold your seam allowance to the wrong side on all 4 edges, fold the ties in half lengthwise with WRONG sides together, then just top-stitch all the way around the edges. Much easier than having to turn them inside out!
They're both lovely! I'm sure Joan loves the one you sent her :)
Thanks for the tip Karen, I'll definitely give that a try next time. :)
Post a Comment