Thursday, 13 November 2008

A Stitcher's Advent Giveaway

Since I found the blogging world I've been so impressed by the kindness and generosity of the stitching community. There always seems to be someone having a giveaway or RAK-ing a fellow stitcher - always someone sharing with others!

Also this year, I've seen a lot of stitchers de-stashing. Now I'm a cross stitch hoarder - I'll admit it - I love everything about it, charts, threads, fabric... you name it, I love it - oh, except metallic thread, love the look - hate the thread, but everything else, love. This of course means I have lots of charts that I haven't stitched and even worse many that I won't ever stitch - hangs head in shame. I think it's time for some de-stashing of my own!

I promise there is a point to all this rambling and you've finally reached it!

So, to join in the generous spirit of so many stitchers and de-stash some of my charts that are crying out to be loved - and stitched, I've come up with a Stitcher's Advent Giveaway.

Once a week, for four weeks - starting this Sunday, Nov 16 - I'll post a Christmas chart to giveaway. If you'd like to enter just leave a comment in the giveaway post and I'll announce the winner the following Sunday.

I'll add extra entry details on Sunday as I think this post is long enough already!

Good luck to everyone,
Karrie

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

That's a great idea, Karrie! I'm looking forward to next Sunday!

Carolyn said...

Ohhh I love contests, and I LOVE your Halloween stitching! TFS!

I, too, look forward to next Sunday. Actually I should do the same thing. It's shameful the amount of charts I have. Shameful, shameful.... ;)

Carolyn